|TFR Home Page||Contents||Prev. Page||Next Page||Comments|
The Fairfield Review
The Fairfield Review:
Who We Are and How to Read Us
The Fairfield Review is an on-line magazine rich with features to best meet the needs of our audience: the writing community and readers of the short form. We've designed this publication to cover five different arenas in the world of writing, with other additions planned for the future. As a magazine written for and by the Fairfield community, you can expect to find the following in each issue.
1. The best assortment of quality poetry, short stories, and essays written by individuals from Fairfield County, Connecticut, adults and students.
2. We will provide this material in an "easy to access" way, so that readers may peruse the offerings of each new edition as they like, with formats based on author, topic, or genre. For simple viewing, we've also included turn-the-page navigators, as well as the ability to "jump" to related pieces or the table of contents. A full text search capability is also available for locating current and past writing.
3. We will include a section dedicated to "the new writer," in which we hope to encourage the new and unpublished authors in our area to submit their writing. We will publish the best offerings in each new quarterly issue.
4. We will dedicate a section to student authors. We are establishing writing partnerships with local schools to publish the best student works. Our goal is to become an active, positive force to encourage young adults in the community to pursue their writing talents.
5. Each issue will list local events in a calendar. The "Upcoming Events" section will be based on working closely with bookstores, libraries, schools and associations to provide a "clearing house" for writing related events in Fairfield County. The calendar will cover readings, workshops, and contests and will include lists of winners from previous "slams" and contests.
Going forward, we have other goals, including:
We hope you enjoy your "visit" and encourage you to sign-in on our Guest Book and let us know what you think!
© Copyright 1997, 2022, The Fairfield Review Inc., All Rights Reserved.
Document last modified on: 03/24/2010