|Here are selected quotes from Dylan's meditations on "Being Here" at the 2009 silent retreat. |
If you have notes from the meditations, please send them to me at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org .
Meditation I - Be Not Anxious
- "And can any of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?" Matthew 6:27
- "Buechner defines humility as not trying to think of ourselves as less than we are; we to see ourselves as we are--this is radical acceptance."
Meditation II - Being Incarnate
- "Tell me, what is it you plan to do / with your one wild and precious life" -- Mary Oliver.
Meditation III - Being in Joy
- "God's presence makes us leap for joy."
- "When are the 'Yes!', the 'alright!' moments in your life?"
- "I'm least anxious when I'm in touch with what's happening now."
Meditation IV - Being in Pain
- "Vocation is where my passions and the worlds deep needs intersect (Buechner)."
- "Anger is a gift.'
- "God feels; God is passionate; God loves."
- "It is impossible to love without feeling hurt, impossible to feel hurt without feeling anger; anger is an alarm system; it says something is not right."
Meditation V - Being Creative
- "We need to pray the verbs."
- "God is inviting us to make the shift form 'is there enough' to saying 'how can I take in this incredible abundance, this embarrassing richness?'"
- "Be mindful of ourselves, ever checking in with the present."
- "Which wolf will live and thrive? The one that you feed."
Return to the Preface
ga('create', 'UA-22493141-2', 'auto');