|Here are Fr. Richard Mayberry's 17 "notable quotes" from Kathleen Deignan's meditations at the 2005 silent retreat:
- Our cry, "Make us truly alive!"
- We suffer in our unlikeness to our true self; we suffer in our unlikeness to God.
- Thinking makes us suffer.....stop it!
- Dis-traction means not being sure footed!
- Our breath is God within us.
- Stuff.....Is it mine? Is it yours? And if it’s yours, don’t pick it up!
- If it’s mine, I have to work with it; and....don’t try to export it to someone else!
- Two poles of the spiritual life....attentiveness and wise indifference.
- We suffer because we refuse to accept impermanence.
- Entrust ourselves to the great abundance instead of our fear of famine.
- The bad news.....the barn has burnt down.....but now we can see the moon!
- We’ve all got to stand on our own two feet....the institution is gone.
- The "pure in heart" see God everywhere.
- The Church suffers impermanence... it points to eternity but is not eternal itself.
- The Christian of the future will be a mystic or not at all.
- We have become human doings vs. beings.
- If you bring forth what is within you, it will save you; if you don’t bring forth what is within you, it will kill you.
Contents - Lent, 2005
ga('create', 'UA-22493141-2', 'auto');